Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moving into the "Big Boy Bed"


Now that we have another munchkin coming into our family, I thought it was a good idea to have Jace move into his new room and bed now so that he doesn't associate the new baby with taking his place in his old room. So far, he has done really well. He snuggles up with is awesome minky quilt that Grandma Stevens made him for Christmas and his Elmo doll, falls right to sleep, and doesn't wake up til morning. The entire transition has been so much easier than I thought it would be. Next step... potty training (yikes!)

A little side story of the Elmo Doll... We were flying home from San Antonio a couple weekends ago. We were pushing Jace in his stroller through the SLC airport when all of the sudden he starts screaming "Elmo, Elmo, I want Elmo!!!" We tried to ignore the Sesame Street stand but Jace started to cry as we left it behind. So..... we were suckers for our son's tears and paid the airport premium to get him the Elmo doll. I know, I know, (bad parenting move) but we had put our little man through a lot that weekend and thought he deserved a reward :)!

3 comments:

Dan and Kari said...

I'm impressed with your mad blogging! I haven't seen you guys in a while so it was a good replacement ;0). I can't believe he transitioned so easy into the big boy bed, that was worse than potty training with Bekam, freak he had to be caged in his room to get him to stay there. Glad Mr Jace is feeling better, we missed you guys on Sunday.

Rod Bunch said...

Congrats on the new lil one!! It looks like it will be a GREAT year for both our families!! =) I hope you guys have twins!!

Ana and Roberto CastaƱeda said...

LIES! Jace was screaming, "I want Ana!" hehe