Friday, July 20, 2012

Running Season

 Tori and I started training in the winter. I was really impressed with our dedication. We were out there everyday, blizzards and all.

 We did a 12K trail race (the Menan Butte) together. It was so hard but awesome! Combine an intense hike with running and that was our race.
The day before my birthday, I accomplished my goal of running a half marathon. It was such an amazing experience to set a goal, work hard, and then achieve it. Biggest lesson learned is that I can do really hard things (anything I want!)  if I am just willing to work for it.

2 comments:

Shu said...

Way to go Berty! I have always been so impressed with the dedication of people who commit to such a challenge. In my heart I want to do something like you have done but my head is always telling me I can't. Good for you!

Kristen and Andrew said...

wootwoot!! Way to GO!!