Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Nate!!!!


Happy 30th Nate! You are so loved! May you have another year full of good memories and new accomplishments!
Even after 30 years, Nate is still a kid at heart. Hence the legos on top of the cake.
Making a cake is no "piece of cake". Sure it seems simple enough when serving it out of the same pan that it is baked in, but it was actually really hard for me to get it out of the pan and stack one cake on top of the other and keep it in one piece. I am sure you pros are great at this but this was my first time. I went through multiple cake mixtures and ended up with a huge container full of cake crumbles in the end. The cake finally turned out after I called my sister to find out what the secret was. Thanks Paula!

4 comments:

Red & Lyss said...

Happy Birthday Nate! We were thinking of you on your big day :)! Great job on the cake Roberta!

Dan and Kari said...

Sweet cake...love the legos, it just wouldn't have been Nate without them. The second pick cracks me up! Hope all is well with you guys...wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Love you all lots!

Jennifer said...

Roberta, your little guy Jace is darling! And you look great! I wish we lived closer so I could come see you!I bet you are loving Idaho. I'll never miss the summers here. Hopefully it starts cooling down soon! I hope your doing great. I love all your pics! Jace is soooo cute. And Happy Birthday to Nate.

Mamu Lou said...

Happy Birthday "Lil" cousin! Looks like you had a fun day. Welcome to the over 10 crowd. It's not that much different from the oder 20 crowd! Miss you guys SO much!